Guidelines for Oral Paper Presentations
1) Oral paper presentations (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) are 15 minutes + a question period of about 5 minutes.
2) Computers are installed in all the conference rooms, so we ask you to bring your presentation on a USB key. You can download it on the computer in the conference room, between 5 and 10 minutes before the beginning of your session.
1) The formula proposed for the symposia is as follows:
- 5 minutes for the introduction;
- 15 minutes per presentation (10 min presentation + 5 min questions);
- 25 minutes for the conclusion (15 minutes critical synthesis + 10 minutes discussion and questions).
2) The total time allocated for each of the symposia will therefore be as follows:
- 90 minutes for a symposium with 4 papers;
- 105 minutes for a symposium with 5 papers;
- 120 minutes for a symposium with 6 papers.
3) Symposium organizers are responsible for providing a computer for their symposium presentations. For connection to projectors, we provide HDMI-type cables. So please make sure your computer has an HDMI socket or provide an adapter.
If you wish to submit a symposium proposal, the form is available in Word format.
Guidelines for Poster Session
Details for the poster session will be added soon.
Tips for your Poster
1) The text should be large enough to be read 1.5 meters away. For example, here are the recommendations for font size if you use Arial as a font:
- Title = 72 pts
- Author and affiliation = 48 pts
- Body text = 36 pts
2) The use of a simple background and a color palette that will not distract the attention of the audience is recommended.
3) Excessive use of logos is not recommended.
For more tips on developing your poster, please visit: http://isc.uqam.ca/fr/archives-des-evenements/14/112-conseils-a-la-realisation-dun-poster.html.